UWG to Provide CoSMOS Platform for Afren’s Okoro Field
UWG Ltd, an Acteon company, has been awarded a $5.5-million contract by Afren Energy Resources Limited to provide a conductor-supported minimum offshore structure (CoSMOS) for the development of the Okoro field, offshore Nigeria.
The scope of work, which is being undertaken on a lump-sum basis, includes the design, procurement, construction and installation (EPCI) of the platform, including the topside processing facilities. Fabrication has begun at Compact Manifold and Engineering Services’ (CMES) yard in Lagos, Nigeria. Installation, using a jackup rig, is planned for September 2007.
Alan Hunt, asset manager, Afren, said, “UWG’s CoSMOS concept was selected over other options for Okoro on the basis of its short lead time and because it offered the lowest price. Overall, it was the best solution for our fast-track field development.”
The nine-slot wellhead platform, which will be situated in 14 meters of water, will have gas lift and water injection facilities. Product will be exported to a nearby floating, production, storage and offloading facility.
CoSMOS platforms are unusual in that the topsides facilities are supported on the well conductors – hence, there is no need for a separate steel jacket. They are primarily designed for installation from jackups, although using a lift barge is also possible. UWG's first conductor-supported platform, a compact five-slot structure, was installed in 17 meters of water in the Morsa West field offshore Angola in late 2005.
UWG is an industry leader in creative engineering solutions for the seabed-to-surface domain. The company has built its capabilities around top-class competency in structural analysis and delivers timely, creative and cost-effective solutions in five critical areas: pre-drilling, conductor integrity, minimum facilities structures, pipeline commissioning and subsea visualisation and inspection.
- UWG to Provide CoSMOS Platform for Afren’s Okoro Field (Jul 02)
- UWG Cuts Design Time for Rigs and Equipment (Mar 12)
- UWG Signs Record Centralizer Contract for Offshore W. Africa (May 02)
Company: Afren PLC more info
- Lekoil Acquires Afren's Stake in the Ogo Field Offshore Nigeria (Dec 01)
- Oil Producer Afren's Board to Put Company into Administration (Jul 31)
- Afren Requests Suspension of Shares (Jul 15)
Company: Acteon more info
- InterMoor Wraps Up Ops at Offshore Angola Gig (Apr 03)
- 2H Offshore Expands Malaysia & Australia Presence, May Recruit Engineering (Dec 04)
- LDD Wraps Up Foundation Installation Gig Offshore Gabon (Oct 20)