Global Industries Wins Pipelay Work at Pemex's Ixtal Field
Global Industries' subsidiary, Global Offshore Mexico, S. de R.L. de C.V., has been awarded a project by PEMEX, the national oil company of Mexico. The project is the Ixtal Pipeline Project, which is valued at approximately $40 million. The scope of work includes the trenching, installation, subsea interconnection, and precommissioning of a 24" X 6 km segment of pipeline in PEMEX's Ixtal Field, offshore Dos Bocas, Tabasco. The Global pipelay barge Iroquois and derrick barge Titan II are scheduled to perform the work from July to September.
B.K. Chin, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, stated: "We appreciate that PEMEX has shown confidence in Global by awarding us this priority pipeline project. This pipeline is critical to maintaining production in Mexico, and we hope to once again meet the high standards that PEMEX places on its Contractors."
- Global Industries Scores 'Who Dat' Project Development in GOM (Mar 23)
- Global Industries Secures Multiple McMoRan Decommissioning Projects in GOM (Mar 07)
- Pemex Awards $125MM for Pipeline Work in GOM (Jun 01)
Company: Pemex more info
Operates 45 Offshore Rigs
- Mexico Says Deepwater Oil Tender Doomed By Brazil Competition (Dec 08)
- Sources: Mexico's Pemex Declares Force Majeure On Isthmus Crude Oil (Nov 29)
- Mexico's Pemex Makes Biggest Onshore Oil Find in 15 Years - President (Nov 03)