Bredford Dolphin Receives AoC from the Norwegian Safety Authority
The Petroleum Safety Authority Norway (PSA) has issued an acknowledgement of compliance (AoC) for the semisub Bredford Dolphin on June 28, 2007.
The rig is a semi-submersible Aker H-3 type which has been operating on the UK continental shelf. Dolphin AS applied for an AoC for the unit on June 8, 2006.
The PSA has assessed Bredford Dolphin and relevant aspects of Dolphin's management system for the type of activity which the company has specified as likely to be pursued by the unit in relation to relevant requirements in the applicable regulations.
This assessment has been carried out in accordance with the guidelines on applications for acknowledgements of compliance issued by the PSA and the Norwegian Maritime Directorate on July 1, 2006.
The validity of this AoC is conditional on Dolphin ensuring that the unit and associated management systems are maintained in such a way that the terms, conditions and specified exemptions in the PSA's decision are satisfied.
Plans call for the unit to be used for operations on the Norwegian continental shelf under a three-year contract with a consortium comprising Det Norske Oljeselskap AS, Pertra AS, Revus Energy ASA, BG Norge Ltd, Endeavour Norge AS, Lundin Norway AS and Marathon Petroleum Norge AS.
Bredford Dolphin has been docked since the third quarter of 2006 for extensive upgrading work, installation of a large amount of new equipment and its five-year main class inspection by Det Norske Veritas.
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)