FMC to Supply Riserless Light Well Intervention Service to Statoil
FMC Technologies has been awarded a contract from Island Offshore to provide a second Riserless Light Well Intervention (RLWI) system for use by Statoil in the Norwegian North Sea. Operations will commence in the second quarter of 2008. The four-year contract has a minimum value of approximately $40M to FMC Technologies.
The contract includes use of a new vessel, the Island Wellserver, and a new RLWI system to be built by FMC. The system and services will be provided through FMC's facilities in Kongsberg, Norway.
"RLWI is an important part of our subsea offering to increase oil recovery from subsea wells," said Tore Halvorsen, Senior Vice President, FMC Technologies. "We are pleased that our RLWI technology is supporting Statoil in achieving their targets of increased oil recovery."
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: FMC more info
- Technip Says London Still Natural HQ of TechnipFMC Despite Brexit Vote (Jun 24)
- FMC Kongsberg Secures Johan Sverdrup EPC Contract (Sep 18)
- Statoil Taps FMC Technologies for Services at Snorre (Jan 25)