Weather, Repairs Hamper Basker Manta Gummy Production
The Basker Manta Gummy Joint Venture said that the Manta swivel changes have been completed and production resumed last weekend, despite severe weather conditions during the shutdown.
It also advised that weather conditions deteriorated further yesterday with sea states of 7m. It was therefore necessary to disconnect the two production vessels, the Crystal Ocean and Basker Spirit, from their moorings. The vessels will return to site and reconnect as soon as the weather allows. Based on current forecasts the vessels are expected to reconnect this Sunday.
This is the first time in more than 12 months of operation that it has been necessary for the vessels to disconnect due to severe weather conditions.
The Basker Spirit is moving to Melbourne to take the opportunity to refuel, while the Crystal Ocean will shelter in Westernport Bay and carry out maintenance activities.
The participants in the Basker Manta Joint Venture are:
--Anzon Australia Limited 50% (Operator)
--Beach Petroleum Limited 50%
- Beach Commences Production from Middleton Gas Project (Jan 09)
- Beach Says Hello to Mr. Rod Rayner (Nov 11)
- Beach Energy Gains Majority Control of Adelaide Energy (Nov 10)
Company: Anzon Australia more info
- Ocean Patriot Completes Drilling Program at BMG Field (Sep 03)
- Pertamina Picks Up Stake in Offshore BMG Project (Aug 19)
- Roc Oil Highlights Workover Program at BMG Oil and Gas Field (Aug 04)