Rosneft to Cut $9.2B of Debt with Yukos Sale Proceeds
Rosneft has received the first tranche of proceeds as a creditor from the Yukos bankruptcy.
The amount received, 237 billion rubles (equivalent to $9.2 billion), will be utilized in full to retire debt.
Rosneft will continue to reduce debt through integration of recently acquired assets, improved operating performance, enhanced downstream margins, and potential asset sales. The company is targeting a reduction in leverage to 1x Debt/EBITDA and less than 30% gearing by 2010.
- Russia's Rosneft, In U-Turn, Plans To Bid For Alrosa's Gas Assets (Dec 29)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
- Russia's Rosneft Signs Oil Supply Deal With Greece's Motor Oil (Nov 20)
Company: Yukos more info
- Dutch Court Overturns $50B Yukos Award Against Russia (Apr 20)
- Rosneft Hires 10 Banks for $2B Debt Refinancing (Feb 04)
- Rosneft to Cut $9.2B of Debt with Yukos Sale Proceeds (Jun 27)