Harriet JV Spuds Bambra-8H
Tap Oil reports that the Bambra-8H L1/8H well campaign has commenced. The Bambra Field is located in Production License TL/1, approximately 4.4 kilometers from the Harriet Bravo platform. The Bambra-8H/8H L1 well will be drilled from the Harriet Bravo platform and will be completed as a long-reach, dual lateral horizontal oil producing well.
Slot recovery on the Harriet Bravo platform was completed today with drilling commencing on the Bambra-8H L1 well. The Bambra-8H is planned to be drilled to 6,000 meters measure depth prior to sidetracking for the second lateral, Bambra-8H L1. Bambra-8H L1 is programmed to have a total depth of 6,670 meters measured depth. The well is expected to reach total depth in 17 days.
The objective for the well is to develop a 6 meter oil column in the south-central portion of the field in the Bambra-4 vicinity, and are similar in design to the Bambra-7H and 7H L1 horizontal wells to the north.
Initially it will produce about 25-30 MMcf/d of gas, with oil production to follow. Production from these wells is expected to commence in late July or early August following completion of the well.
Harriet Joint Venture participants are Apache as operator with 68.5%; Tap (Harriet) Pty Ltd with 12.2229% and Kufpec Australia with 19.2771%.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)