Njord Project Reaches Important Milestone
A number of successful operations connected with the Njord Gas Export project were carried out on the Hydro-operated Njord A platform in the Norwegian Sea over the weekend.
A riser and two modules were installed with the help of the pipe laying vessel "Acergy Falcon" and Saipem's lifting vessel "S7000."
"Acergy Falcon" installed the flexible riser for gas export and completed the laying of the control cable on Thursday, whilst the "S7000" took the two modules on board at Trondheim harbor on Friday night.
At around 1 p.m. on Sunday both gas export modules, which were produced by Aibel in Haugesund and Prosernat in France, were safely lifted on to Njord A.
Both operations, which are a part of the Njord Gas Export project, went as planned and without any technical hitches.
"With wave height of around half a meter, the sea was calm, which was of course reassuring for an operation such as this. We are very relieved and pleased that the operation was carried out without problems," said Rune Adolfson, head of Hydro's Njord field unit.
Ready for gas sales
What remains is the replacement of one of the existing production risers. Then the modules will be connected topside on Njord A, as well as installation of the seabed valve and connecting of the riser to the pipeline, and connecting of the Njord pipeline to the Asgard pipeline.
"This puts us right on track with our gas sales commitments from Njord from October 1," said Adolfson.
To prepare Njord for gas exports, the processing facility on the Njord platform will be upgraded with equipment for drying gas.
A 40-kilometer-long pipeline has been laid from the field to the Asgard transport pipeline, which links the field with the Karsto gas facility, and pipelines onward to the European gas market.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
Company: Acergy S.A. more info
- Acergy Awards Serimax Welding Contract Offshore Nigeria (Mar 07)
- Acergy Awarded Contract Offshore Brazil (Dec 01)
- Acergy Awarded Contract for Medway Development Project (Nov 04)