Scan Picks Up 3D Job from PdVSA
Scan Geophysical has been awarded a contract for 3D seismic survey offshore Venezuela from PdVSA.
The work area, located off the northwest coast of Venezuela, is called Cardon II and comprises 400 Km2 of 3D seismic to be collected with scheduled start-up during summer of 2007.
The M/V Scan Resolution, which recently completed six months of 3D survey work offshore Venezuela and now is acquiring other programs in the Caribbean region, will return to Venezuela for this program. "This contract is important for Scan in terms of area to be surveyed," said Stephane Touche, vice president and COO of Scan. "Keeping our 3D vessel working in this region for a major company is consistent with our overall strategy to make the Americas one of our most targeted regions and to work directly for operating entities" he added.
Scan Geophysical ASA was established in 2002 as a Norwegian seismic data acquisition
company specializing in both marine streamer seismic and ocean bottom seismic. The
company is currently operating one 2D and one 3D streamer vessel, and scheduled to
launch three new state-of-the-art 3D vessels during 2008 and one 2002-built 2D/3D vessel
during Q3, 2007.
Operates 14 Offshore Rigs
Manages 26 Offshore Rigs
- Union Leader: PDVSA's Amuay Refinery Halts Distillation Unit (Nov 30)
- Venezuela's PDVSA To Tap Oil Customers To Pay $449MM To ONGC (Nov 15)
- Venezuelan Oil Output Heads to 29-Year Low as Cash Crunch Grows (Nov 10)
Company: SCAN Geophysical ASA more info
- SCAN Kicks Off 3D Seismic Operations in South America (Jun 18)
- Gold Oil Concludes 2D Seismic on Peruvian Offshore Block Z34 (May 22)
- Gold Oil Taps SCAN for Seismic Acquisition Offshore Peru (Apr 20)