Mosaic Expects Hurricane-2 to Spud Early Next Week
Mosaic Oil NL said that the Premium Wilcraft jack-up rig, operated by Santos, is being mobilized to the Hurricane-2 drilling location. The well is expected to be spudded on or around the June 25, 2007, and is expected to take 20 days to drill.
Hurricane, situated in the eastern part of WA-208P, is a large fan play with the potential to contain 40-50 million barrels of recoverable oil.
The Hurricane-1 gas discovery, drilled in 2005, intersected a 76 m gross gas column on rock with no gas-water or gas-oil contact identified. Supporting pressure and gas/condensate compositional data indicate the likelihood of there being an underlying oil leg. Hurricane-2 will target this interpreted oil leg at a location downdip from the Hurricane-1 well.
Mosaic Oil has a 6% interest in WA-208P.
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: Mosaic Oil more info
- O&G Exploration Bonanza: 9 Offshore Taranaki Permits Awarded (Sep 24)
- Mosaic, Vicpet Shake on Queensland Farm-In Programs (Jun 12)
- Hurricane Classified as a New Field Oil & Gas Discovery (Jul 23)