Empyrean: Gas Zone Drilled in Project Margarita Well
A gas show was observed in the primary target Frio 1.33 sand with interpretation of the wire line logs indicating a gross gas zone of 13.9 meters and net gas pay of 5.6 meters over the interval 1,423.2 to 1,437.1 meters with gas on rock and no water. Production casing has been run to enable production testing of the well later in the week.
The Dona Carlota Gas Field, based on an interpretation of the 3D seismic data, has an estimated recoverable reserve of 0.62 billion cubic feet of gas.
The truck-mounted rig has moved from Dona Carlota-1 to the Agavero Prospect over the weekend to spud Agavero #1.
The Agavero Prospect is the second of the three prospects that are being drilled in the current program which are analogues of historic prolific Frio and Vicksburg sands production in the project area at <2,000 meters depth. The drilling program is expected to run until the end of July 2007.
As with the successful initial three well program, tie in of any commercial discovery made on these prospects will be rapid as the project area is crossed by a number of gas pipelines with access rights and available capacity to tie into.
The prospects have the following mean recoverable gas reserve potential and total depths:
Prospect Name Mean Rec Reserves Total Depth Status Dona Carlota 0.62 bcf 1,524 m Drilled gas discovery Agavero 0.70 bcf 1,340 m Drilling Climaco 1.60 bcf 1,980 m To be drilled
Participants in the Margarita Project are:
- Empyrean Energy PLC, 44.00%
- Sun Resources NL, 20.00%
- Victoria Petroleum NL, 20.00%
- Wandoo Energy LLC, 16.00%
- USA EIA Hikes Up 2023 and 2024 Brent Oil Price Forecasts
- Macquarie Group Reveals Oil Market Outlook
- Chevron Starts Up Gorgon Extension Project
- Biden Urged to Demand Climate Emergency as Smoke Chokes Washington
- Eni Inks Deal to Build Hybrid Renewables-Gas Plant in Kazakhstan
- Enagas Opens Logistics Bidding for Mothballed Asturias Terminal
- ADNOC Chief: Shift from Fossil Fuel Unavoidable
- Oil Down as Demand Concerns Supercede Saudi Cuts
- Improved Wage Offer Ends North Sea Dispute
- Global Oil Demand for Road Transport to Peak in 2027: BNEF
- Saudis Remind Global Oil Market Who is King
- Saudi to Cut Output by 1MM BPD in Solo OPEC+ Move
- Data Science is the Future of Oil and Gas
- Debt Ceiling Deal Becomes Law
- Two Main Forces Have Come Together to Pull Down Commodity Prices
- What Do Latest OPEC+ Moves Mean?
- Fatality At North Rankin Complex
- USA Shale Seen Holding Firm on Returns
- Par Pacific Completes Buy of ExxonMobil Refinery
- North America Loses More Rigs
- Which Generation Is Most in Demand in Oil, Gas Right Now?
- Who Is the Most Prolific Private Oil and Gas Producer in the USA?
- BMI Reveals Latest Brent Oil Price Forecasts
- Is There a Danger That Oil and Gas Runs out of Financing?
- BMI Projects Gasoline Price Through to 2026
- What Will World Oil Demand Be in 2023?
- North America Rig Count Reduction Rumbles On
- What New Oil and Gas Jobs Will Exist in the Future?
- What Does a 2023 USA Recession Mean for Oil and Gas in the Country?
- USA Oil and Gas Supported Nearly 11MM Jobs