Empyrean: Gas Zone Drilled in Project Margarita Well
Empyrean Energy PLC said that the Dona Carlota-1, a well on the Margarita gas exploration project onshore the Texas Gulf Coast, has been successfully drilled to a total depth of 1,524 meters.
A gas show was observed in the primary target Frio 1.33 sand with interpretation of the wire line logs indicating a gross gas zone of 13.9 meters and net gas pay of 5.6 meters over the interval 1,423.2 to 1,437.1 meters with gas on rock and no water. Production casing has been run to enable production testing of the well later in the week.
The Dona Carlota Gas Field, based on an interpretation of the 3D seismic data, has an estimated recoverable reserve of 0.62 billion cubic feet of gas.
The truck-mounted rig has moved from Dona Carlota-1 to the Agavero Prospect over the weekend to spud Agavero #1.
The Agavero Prospect is the second of the three prospects that are being drilled in the current program which are analogues of historic prolific Frio and Vicksburg sands production in the project area at <2,000 meters depth. The drilling program is expected to run until the end of July 2007.
As with the successful initial three well program, tie in of any commercial discovery made on these prospects will be rapid as the project area is crossed by a number of gas pipelines with access rights and available capacity to tie into.
The prospects have the following mean recoverable gas reserve potential and total depths:
Prospect Name Mean Rec Reserves Total Depth Status Dona Carlota 0.62 bcf 1,524 m Drilled gas discovery Agavero 0.70 bcf 1,340 m Drilling Climaco 1.60 bcf 1,980 m To be drilled
Participants in the Margarita Project are:
- Empyrean Energy PLC, 44.00%
- Sun Resources NL, 20.00%
- Victoria Petroleum NL, 20.00%
- Wandoo Energy LLC, 16.00%
- Norwest Snaps Up Northern Perth Basin Interests (Feb 12)
- Jingemia 12 Development Well Cased, Completed as Oil Producer (Aug 13)
- Vicpet Spies Oil Shows at Snatcher-1 in South Australian Cooper Basin (Jun 26)
Company: Sun Resources more info
- Carnarvon Completes 2D Seismic Onshore Thailand (Aug 31)
- Carnarvon Increases 2D Seismic Coverage Onshore Thailand (Aug 18)
- Jones-Stewart Well to Be Completed as Gas Producer (Oct 21)
Company: Wandoo Petroleum more info
- Empyrean: Gas Zone Drilled in Project Margarita Well (Jun 21)
- Empyrean: Record Rains, Flooding Delay Shallow Drilling at Margarita (Jun 05)
- BassGas JV Welcomes Arbitrator's Decision on Clough Dispute (Jun 04)
Company: Empyrean Energy more info
- Empyrean Expects Further Upside from Sugarloaf AMI Project in 2016 (Dec 31)
- Empyrean Sees Upgrade to Eagle Ford Shale Asset (Jul 08)
- Empyrean Reports Production Decrease at Sugarloaf (May 21)