Peru Okays $3.8B LNG Project's Main Pipeline
The 408km, 34-inch diameter pipeline will run from Ayacucho department to the project's future liquefaction plant in the Pampa Melchorita area south of Lima, the country's official gazette reported. The pipeline capacity will be 667Mf3/d (18.9Mm3/d), the gazette said.
Peru's national port authority APN earlier this month authorized the consortium to use an area in Lima department to build the project's maritime terminal. The project aims to convert Camisea gas from block 56 to LNG for export, primarily for the US and Mexican markets. It also entails a gas-processing plant in Amazonian town Malvinas, LPG/condensate separation facilities in Pisco and pipelines.
Earlier this year, Peru LNG awarded US firm Chicago Bridge & Iron an EPC contract worth more than US$1.5bn for the 4.4Mt/y LNG plant. US company Hunt Oil holds a 50% interest in the consortium, South Korea's SK Corporation 30% and Spain's Repsol YPF (NYSE: REP) 20%.
Peru LNG did not immediately respond to a BNamericas project update request.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 10-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
- Two Main Forces Have Come Together to Pull Down Commodity Prices
- UK Offshore Energy Calls for Labour Party Meet
- Aker BP's 1.07 Bboe North Sea Projects Get Parliament Nod
- Coal Getting Cheaper in China Despite Heat-Induced Demand Surge
- Mitsubishi Shipbuilding Eyes to Fuel Sea Transport with Ammonia
- Americas Exploration Heats Up
- Distillate Crack Spreads Return to February 2022 Levels: EIA
- Gas South Inks Plumbing Deal for Its Consumers
- Saudi Oil Cut Risks Leaving Bitter Taste for Budget
- Irving Oil Starts Review That Puts Key Refinery on Market
- Saudis Remind Global Oil Market Who is King
- Saudi to Cut Output by 1MM BPD in Solo OPEC+ Move
- Data Science is the Future of Oil and Gas
- Debt Ceiling Deal Becomes Law
- What Do Latest OPEC+ Moves Mean?
- TotalEnergies Inks Agua Marinha PSC in Brazil
- Fatality At North Rankin Complex
- North America Loses More Rigs
- Par Pacific Completes Buy of ExxonMobil Refinery
- Does the Global Drug Trafficking Industry Affect Oil and Gas?
- Which Generation Is Most in Demand in Oil, Gas Right Now?
- Who Is the Most Prolific Private Oil and Gas Producer in the USA?
- USA EIA Slashes 2023 and 2024 Brent Oil Price Forecasts
- BMI Reveals Latest Brent Oil Price Forecasts
- Is There a Danger That Oil and Gas Runs out of Financing?
- BMI Projects Gasoline Price Through to 2026
- What Will World Oil Demand Be in 2023?
- North America Rig Count Reduction Rumbles On
- What New Oil and Gas Jobs Will Exist in the Future?
- What Does a 2023 USA Recession Mean for Oil and Gas in the Country?