Peru Okays $3.8B LNG Project's Main Pipeline
Peru's energy and mines ministry has authorized the Peru LNG consortium to install and operate the principal pipeline of its US$3.8bn LNG export project.
The 408km, 34-inch diameter pipeline will run from Ayacucho department to the project's future liquefaction plant in the Pampa Melchorita area south of Lima, the country's official gazette reported. The pipeline capacity will be 667Mf3/d (18.9Mm3/d), the gazette said.
Peru's national port authority APN earlier this month authorized the consortium to use an area in Lima department to build the project's maritime terminal. The project aims to convert Camisea gas from block 56 to LNG for export, primarily for the US and Mexican markets. It also entails a gas-processing plant in Amazonian town Malvinas, LPG/condensate separation facilities in Pisco and pipelines.
Earlier this year, Peru LNG awarded US firm Chicago Bridge & Iron an EPC contract worth more than US$1.5bn for the 4.4Mt/y LNG plant. US company Hunt Oil holds a 50% interest in the consortium, South Korea's SK Corporation 30% and Spain's Repsol YPF (NYSE: REP) 20%.
Peru LNG did not immediately respond to a BNamericas project update request.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 10-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)
Company: Hunt Oil more info
- Hunt Oil Company Says It Will Cut 10% Of Its Workforce (Apr 07)
- Pluspetrol to Invest $500M in Peru Natgas Block (Aug 04)
- KNOC Subsidiary Gathers Canadian Assets From Hunt (Dec 15)
Company: SK Corp. more info
- Chevron Inks Gorgon LNG Supply Agreement with SK LNG Trading (Jan 21)
- Peru to Sign 20 Hydrocarbon Exploration Contracts in '10 (Dec 28)
- Yellow Lion Field Fires Up Production Offshore Vietnam (Oct 27)
Company: Peru LNG Co. more info
- Peru Builds 1st LNG Facility in S. America for $3.8B (Jun 10)
- Wood Group Signs Maintenance Contract with Peru LNG (Feb 16)
- PERU LNG Snags $2.25B in Third Party Financing (Jun 27)
Company: Chicago Bridge & Iron Co. N.V. (CB&I) more info
- McDermott CEO Bets on Next Turnaround at Ailing Chicago Bridge (Jan 09)
- Oil-Focused Engineering Firms McDermott, Chicago Bridge To Merge (Dec 18)
- Oil-Sands Slump Doesn't Feel So Bad for Canada Maintenance Crews (Jan 14)