Rocksource: Texas Drilling on Schedule
As a continuation of its Drews Landing drilling campaign, Rocksource ASA Group announced the completion of the State of Texas #3 well.
The well was drilled as a production well on the east side of the Drews Landing south fault block. The well reached total depth/TD (11,777 ft) on the 24th of May 2007 without HSE incidents. Subsequent wireline logging indicated the presence of hydrocarbons. The well is now being prepared for completion. Following further testing it will be producing gas to sales as soon as possible after Rocksource has received formal approval from the Railroad Commission of Texas (RRC).
After the completion of State #3 the rig was moved
to the north where the Morian #6 well was spudded
on the 8th of June. This well will be deviated and
is designed to optimize production from multiple
zones following the successful application for a
co-mingling permit from RRC.
- Gas Discovery at Ivory Well Inconclusive (Dec 02)
- VNG's Pil Well Flows at 6,710 Bopd (Apr 10)
- VNG Norge Hits Oil, Gas with Pil Well (Mar 06)
Company: Railroad Commission of Texas (RRC) more info
- Texas Railroad Commission Overhaul in the Works (Aug 19)
- Meet the Texas Railroad Commission's New Executive Director: Kim Corley (Feb 11)
- Texas Official Raises Terror Alarm over Border Access to Pipelines (Nov 17)