Rocksource Wins RRC Okay to Co-mingle Drews Landing Production
Rocksource ASA said that its US subsidiary, Sandhawk Energy LLC, has received approval from the Railroad Commission of Texas (RRC) to co-mingle production from any or all of the reservoir zones in any well in the Drews Landing Field. This favorable decision was announced following a hearing at the RRC and will lead to more efficient production and a greater recovery from the field.
The co-mingling permit, formally known as "Field Rules," covers the entire interval of sands from 7,665 feet to 12,650 feet as shown in the recently completed Morian # 3 well.
Rocksource has already started preparations to establish co-mingled production following stimulation of some of the productive sands and expects to gradually increase overall production from the area. The target production of 1,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boepd) by 2007 remains the same and is expected to be reached well before year-end.
The Drews Landing drilling program started in December 2006 and includes five wells, where four of which have now been completed. The final well in this stage of the program was spudded on Friday, June 8.
As previously reported, the drilling program has
proved 5 million barrels of oil equivalent (boe)
reserves and established contingent resources in
excess of 8 million boe.
- Gas Discovery at Ivory Well Inconclusive (Dec 02)
- VNG's Pil Well Flows at 6,710 Bopd (Apr 10)
- VNG Norge Hits Oil, Gas with Pil Well (Mar 06)
Company: Railroad Commission of Texas (RRC) more info
- Texas Railroad Commission Overhaul in the Works (Aug 19)
- Meet the Texas Railroad Commission's New Executive Director: Kim Corley (Feb 11)
- Texas Official Raises Terror Alarm over Border Access to Pipelines (Nov 17)