Norsk Hydro to Use Polar Pioneer on Skagerrak
Norsk Hydro has been granted consent by the Petroleum Safety Authority Norway for exploration drilling with the Polar Pioneer in the sea off Farsund. This will be the first drilling operation to be carried out in Skagerrak.
The consent applies to the drilling of exploration well 11/5-1 which belongs to production license 317 with Hydro as the operator and Statoil ASA as the secondary licensee. The well lies approximately 49 kilometers south of Farsund. The water depth at the site is 176 meters MSL.
The start date for drilling depends on the progress in the rig's present activities.
The activities are expected to last approximately 43 days. In the event of a discovery, the activities may be extended by approximately 21 days to conduct more extensive logging and a limited production test.
Transocean operates the Polar Pioneer. The facility received an Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) from the PSA in May 2004.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)