L&T Wins Offshore India's Largest-ever Brownfield Project
The Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) has awarded a Rs. 877 crore turnkey project order to Larsen & Toubro Limited (L&T) for the NQ Re-construction (NQRC) Project in the Mumbai High North field. This Project is the largest brownfield project of its kind awarded in the Offshore Oil & Gas Sector in India. The NQ Complex, one of the oldest assets owned by ONGC, is operational since 1985.
The project comprises re-construction of Offshore Facilities at the NQ Complex including the replacement of the Booster Compressor with a new Process Gas Compressor Module, revamp of Produced Water Conditioning System, Hot Oil System, Gas Dehydration Unit and other utilities.
The turbo-machinery for the Process Gas Compressor Module will be supplied by Kawasaki Heavy Industries (KHI), Japan and the Module will be fabricated and delivered from L&T's Modular Fabrication Facility at Hazira. The Project calls for substantial quantum of offshore works, with an "in-the-sea" campaign spanning over 300 days in Mumbai High.
L&T bagged the prestigious order on the strength of its proven track record in meeting several stringent requirements, including a tight project schedule. The Project will be executed on a Lump Sum Turnkey basis, with the completion scheduled by 8th of May 2009.
The award of the NQRC Project has further strengthened L&T's position in the Indian Upstream Hydrocarbon Sector as a leader in providing total E&C solutions to ONGC and to the Industry.
Operates 43 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- Venezuela's PDVSA To Tap Oil Customers To Pay $449MM To ONGC (Nov 15)
- Sources: India ONGC Strikes 'Good' Offshore Oil, Gas Find (Sep 20)
- India To Acquire Seismic Data Of 48,000 Line kms To Boost Oil, Gas Output (Sep 12)
Company: Larsen & Toubro more info
- LTHE Sees India Investing $5B in Offshore Upstream Sector Over 5 Years (Aug 16)
- GE, LTHE Ink MOU to Manufacture Subsea Manifolds for India's DW Projects (Aug 12)
- LTHE-ECS JV Bags $1.6B EPCI Deal from Saudi Aramco for Hasbah Gas Project (Jul 22)
Company: Kawasaki Heavy Industries (KHI) more info
- Looking Beyond Backyard Doesn't Pay for Singapore Rig Builders (Jan 18)
- Singapore Shipbuilders Alleged to Be Part of Brazil Bribe Scheme (Jun 23)
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries to Build Hull for Sete Brasil's Drillship (Sep 10)