Petrobras Completes Manati Development Drilling
Norse Energy Corp., in partnership with Petrobras (Operator) and Queiroz Galvao Oil and Gas, said that Petrobras has successfully completed the drilling and logging of the final section of the MNT-6 well at -1520 meters of depth--about 50 meters above gas/water contact. The top of the reservoir section was reached at 1370 meters, 7 meters above forecasted depth, and reservoir net pay at this location was evaluated to be 190 meters.
The next operations include equipping the well with an open hole gravel pack system, perform production testing, and complete the well for tie-in and production.
The well completes the development drilling of the six planned Manati wells.
Seismic mapping completed by the operator identified a potential northeast extension of the Manati field. Consequently a seventh well has been approved to be drilled next year.
Tight availability of diving and support equipment combined with bad weather is causing delay in completing the tie-in operation of wells MNT-4 and MNT-5.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Queiroz Galvao more info
Manages 2 Offshore Rigs
- Karoon Contracts Olinda Star Semisub for Drilling in Brazil's Santos Basin (Dec 24)
- QGEP Says Brazil Manati Field Holds 477 Bcf of Gas (Aug 13)
- Mayor: Petrobras Close to Suspending Contract for Two Platforms (Jun 09)
Company: Norse Energy more info
- Norse Set to Sell New York Assets (Jun 20)
- New York Landowners Sue Norse Energy USA Over Leases (May 20)
- Norse Energy Sees Increase in Reserves, Resources (Feb 21)