Statoil Gets NPD Okay for Well 15/6-9B
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Statoil a drilling permit for well 15/6-9 B. The well will be drilled using the West Epsilon. The drilling program for well 15/6-9 B relates to drilling of an appraisal well in production license 303.
Statoil is the operator, with a 100% participating interest. The area in this license consists of all of blocks 15/2, 15/6 and 15/8, the western and eastern parts of 15/3, and the southern and northern parts of 15/5. P>Block 15/6 is situated about 7 km north of Sleipner Vest and 3 km east of the 15/5-1 Dagny discovery in the central North Sea.
Production license 303 was awarded in the North Sea Award in 2003. This is the third well to be drilled in the production license.
The West Epsilon has just completed drilling 15/6-9 S and 15/6-9 A.
The permit is contingent upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before the drilling activity commences.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)