DeepOcean Wins Two-Year Contract from Petrobras
DeepOcean ASA and its Brazilian partner Comphania Brasileira de Offshore (CBO) have been awarded a contract by Petrobras in Brazil.
Valued at approximately US $50 million, the contract will start in Q1 2008 for an agreed period of two years with an option for a further two years` extension.
In support of the contract, DeepOcean will take delivery in 2008 of a newbuild ROV and Survey vessel on a bareboat charter from Active Subsea. The vessel will be outfitted with one observation class ROV and one work class ROV with a team of ROV operators, survey personnel and engineers to support Petrobras’ deepwater operations.
DeepOcean’s CEO Kare Johannes Lie commented, This
is a strategically important contract for
DeepOcean. Involvement in the Petrobras projects
will allow us to capitalize on the opportunities
available in this significant deepwater region.
This project further expands DeepOcean’s
international activities in line with its
established strategic direction.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: DeepOcean more info
- DeepOcean Awarded Petrobras Contract (Jan 16)
- DeepOcean Board Recommends Trico Buyout Offer (Jun 24)
- Trico Buys Up DOF's Shares of DeepOcean (Jun 13)