WesternGeco Expands Q-Marine Fleet
Schlumberger has launched the Western Spirit, the seventh Q-Marine vessel to join the WesternGeco fleet. The vessel will begin work immediately with a high-specification 4D survey in the North Sea for the integrated oil and gas company, Statoil.
Equipped with DSC Dynamic Spread Control—the new WesternGeco automated vessel, source and streamer steering technology—the Western Spirit provides superior repeatability for improved time-lapse studies for reservoir monitoring and increased accuracy for sophisticated Q*-enabled over/under and rich/wide azimuth surveys that help characterize complex sub-surface environments.
"Industry recognition of the fundamentally superior measurements achieved by Q-Technology* services has created increased demand for advanced geophysical applications over the life of the field. The Western Spirit is the first of three new Q-Marine vessels that will join our fleet over the next two years," said Dalton Boutte, president, WesternGeco.
Q-Marine is proprietary WesternGeco technology for enhanced reservoir-quality acquisition, processing and inversion. For additional information on the capabilities of Q-Marine, the world's only single-sensor high-fidelity seismic acquisition-to-inversion platform.
Schlumberger is the world's leading oilfield services company supplying technology, information solutions and integrated project management that optimize reservoir performance for customers working in the oil and gas industry. The company employs more than 70,000 people of over 140 nationalities working in approximately 80 countries. Schlumberger supplies a wide range of products and services from seismic acquisition and processing; formation evaluation; well testing and directional drilling to well cementing and stimulation; artificial lift and well completions; and consulting, software and information management. In 2006, Schlumberger operating revenue was $19.23 billion.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
Company: Schlumberger more info
- US Oil Service Firms Face Hit from Venezuela Debt Restructuring (Nov 06)
- Halliburton Posts International Revenue Growth, Unlike Schlumberger (Oct 23)
- Top Oilfield Services Firms Signal Fourth-Quarter Uncertainty (Oct 20)
Company: WesternGeco more info
- OGA Awards Contracts for UK Government Funded Seismic Campaign (Jul 13)
- WesternGeco Unveils Enhanced Imaging Technique (Apr 23)
- TGS Begins Gulf of Mexico Survey with WesternGeco (Dec 12)