EPL Retains Law Firm to Investigate Possible East Bay Violations
Energy Partners, Ltd. has retained the law firm of Jones, Walker, Waechter, Poitevent, Carrere & Denegre, L.L.P. to conduct an independent investigation into possible environmental violations at the Company's East Bay field arising out of on-site governmental agency inspections conducted in the field in late 2005 and early 2006.
Earlier this week, the Company met with representatives of the U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Louisiana in New Orleans, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Coast Guard and was informed that they are conducting an investigation into possible criminal violations arising out of those on-site inspections. The Company intends to cooperate fully with the government's investigation and said that operations in the field remain unaffected by the investigation.
Founded in 1998, EPL is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in New Orleans, Louisiana. The Company's operations are focused along the U.S. Gulf Coast, both onshore in south Louisiana and offshore in the Gulf of Mexico.
- W&T Sells South Timbalier Stake to Energy Partners (May 15)
- Energy Partners Concludes Acquisition of GOM Properties (Feb 15)
- Energy Partners Regains Supplemental Waiver Status from MMS (May 03)
Company: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency more info
- US Lawmakers Seek 'Well-Rounded Biofuels Policies' (Nov 02)
- EPA Abandons Changes To US Biofuel Program After Lawmaker Pressure (Oct 20)
- EPA Chief Calls for Ending Wind Tax Credits to Help Coal Survive (Oct 10)
Company: US Coast Guard more info
- US Coast Guard, EPA Cleaning Up A Dozen Texas Chemical Spills After Harvey (Sep 11)
- Coast Guard: US Oil Platform On Fire In Gulf Of Mexico; No Injuries (May 22)
- Houston Channel Slowly Reopens; Vessel Queue Tops 100 (Mar 25)