Bjorge to Supply Equipment to Aker's Smart 1 FPSO
Aker Kvaerner's subsidiary, Aker Kvaerner Process System AS, and Bjorge's subsidiary, Solberg & Andersen AS, have signed substantial contracts for deliveries to Aker Kvaerner Process Systems projects. The contracts that have been signed relate to supplies of shut-off valves and are valued over 50 million NOK.
The equipment is to be delivered during the last 6 months of 2007 and includes various types of valves and dimensions. The valves will be part of Aker Kvaerner Process Systems process module for Aker Floating Production Smart 1 FPSO, and point of delivery is the yard in Dubai. The valve delivery is based on Solberg & Andersen's extensive range of valve products. The equipment will be manufactured at partners in Italy and Spain.
The contract consolidates our stakes within the FPSO market so this was thus a strategically important contract, states Section Head Kaare Sunnarvik of Solberg & Andersen AS. The contract also confirms the potential for further growth within this highly interesting market segment.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Bjorge ASA more info
- Aasland Takes Helm At Bjoerge (Jan 05)
- GE O&G Awards Bjorge Naxys Contract for Monitoring Subsea Installations (Jun 29)
- EnerMech Snaps Up Norwegian North Sea Crane Division (Oct 30)