Talisman Turns On the Taps at Enoch
Talisman has commenced production from the Enoch field which is located 160 miles northeast of Aberdeen and straddles the UK and Norwegian sectors in UKCS Block 16/13a and NCS Block 15/5 (unitized at 80% and 20%, respectively).
"The Enoch discovery has passed through a number of operators since 1985. We are pleased to have brought this cross-border field to production in a short period of time since acquiring the field along with other Paladin assets," said Dr. Jim Buckee, President and Chief Executive Officer. "We appreciate the assistance given by the UK and Norwegian Governments in resolving the cross-border issues."
The Enoch Field was discovered in 1985. Talisman North Sea Limited drilled the single horizontal development well in 2006, which is expected to produce at a peak rate of 15,000 boe/d. Enoch production will be transported to and processed at the Brae Alpha facility, some 10 miles to the northwest of Enoch. Oil will be exported via the Forties pipeline network.
Talisman North Sea Limited (25.2%) is the operator. Remaining unitized interest includes Dyas UK Limited (14.0%), Bow Valley Petroleum (UK) Limited (12.0%), Roc Oil (GB) Limited (12.0%), Dana Petroleum (E&P) Limited (8.8%), Endeavour Energy (UK) Limited (8.0%), Statoil ASA (11.78%), Altinex Oil AS (4.36%), Det Norske Oljeselskap AS (2.0%) and DONG E&P Norge AS (1.86%).
- European Oil Majors Seek To Harness US Offshore Wind (Aug 01)
- Billionaire Ratcliffe Hunts Oil to Repeat Chemicals Empire Build (May 24)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Talisman Energy more info
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Altinex Oil AS more info
- NPD Grants StatoilHydro Drilling Permit for PL 442 Wildcat (Aug 28)
- Dong Completes Drilling at Siri-6 in Danish North Sea (Jan 27)
- Oilexco Enters LOI with Bluewater to Deploy FPSO at North Sea's Huntington (Aug 27)