Altinex Wins Stake in Norwegian Blocks 25/2 and 25/3
Altinex Oil AS has been awarded equity in one new license on the Norwegian Continental Shelf covering Blocks 25/2 and 25/3 in connection with the second phase of the Norwegian APA 2006 licensing round. The awards were announced by the Ministry of Petroleum and Energy Thursday.
The award increases Altinex's Norwegian portfolio to 10 production licenses and strengthens the Company's potential for reserve- and production growth through exploration and appraisal activities.
The awarded license has the following participants:
--Altinex Oil AS, 20% --Hydro (operator), 40% --Svenska Petroleum, 20% --DNO, 20%
The license is located immediately east of the Frigg field and contains the Gamma oil and gas discovery proven by two wells, 25/2-10 S and 25/2-11. Altinex believes that this discovery potentially could be developed commercially, and the work program is focused toward an appraisal of the Gamma discovery as well as evaluation of other prospects in the license.
This increases the number of Altinex discoveries to nine.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: DNO more info
- KRG Delivers Payments to Genel, DNO, Gulf for Tawke, Shaikan Production (Jan 23)
- DNO Makes Oil Find in Kurdistan Region of Iraq (Jan 09)
- Total, Shell, Eni Eligible to Bid for New Iran Oil, Gas Projects (Jan 03)
Company: Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum & Energy more info
- 'Oil Facts' App Wins Norwegian Award (Mar 06)
- Norway Takes New Approach to Naming Offshore Fields (Sep 21)
- Ministry of Petroleum and Energy Unveils 21st Licensing Round (Jun 23)
Company: Svenska Petroleum more info
- Det Norske Buys Svenska Petroleum's Norwegian Business for $75M (Oct 14)
- Det Norske Drills Two Dry Wells (Sep 09)
- Statoil Finds Oil, Gas at Askja (Jan 02)
Company: Altinex Oil AS more info
- NPD Grants StatoilHydro Drilling Permit for PL 442 Wildcat (Aug 28)
- Dong Completes Drilling at Siri-6 in Danish North Sea (Jan 27)
- Oilexco Enters LOI with Bluewater to Deploy FPSO at North Sea's Huntington (Aug 27)