Statoil to Drill Ermitrude Appraisal Well
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Statoil a drilling permit to drill an appraisal well in connection with the "Ermitrude" discovery in production license 303 in the North Sea.
Well 15/6-9 A will be drilled from the West Epsilon. Statoil is operator and sole licensee. The area in this license consists of blocks 15/2, 15/6 and 15/8, the western and eastern parts of 15/3 as well as the southern and northern parts of block 15/5. The 15/6 discovery is located about 7 km north of the Sleipner Vest field and 3 km east of the 15/5-1 Dagny discovery in the central part of the North Sea.
Production license 303 was awarded in the APA (Awards in Predefined Areas) in 2003. This is the second well to be drilled in this license.
The NPD's drilling permit is contingent upon other authorities granting the necessary permits and consents before drilling commences.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)