Statoil Granted Permit for Wildcat Well 6507/11-8
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Statoil a permit to drill a wildcat well in the Norwegian Sea.
Well 6507/11-8 will be drilled from the Stena Don. The drilling permit for well 6507/11-8 relates to a wildcat well in production license 062.
Five exploration wells have previously been drilled in the area covered by the production license. The production license consists of block 6507/11-1 which is located northeast of the Midgard discovery. It was awarded to Saga Petroleum in the fifth licensing round in 1981.
The drilling permit is contingent upon securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before drilling commences. Statoil is the operator, with a 31.05 percent ownership interest. The other licensees are Petoro (19.95 percent); Total (24.50 percent); Hydro (14.70 percent); Eni (9.80 percent).
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)