Antrim Kicks Off Causeway Campaign
Antrim Energy Inc. has commenced drilling on schedule at the first of three planned wells near its August 2006 East Causeway discovery (Antrim 65.5%) in the UK North Sea. The 2006 discovery tested a combined flow rate of 14,500 barrels of light oil per day with no water.
This first drilling operation is expected to take approximately 30 - 40 days. As previously reported on May 14th, this first well will be drilled approximately two miles southwest of the East Causeway Discovery to an estimated depth of 3,735 meters (12,250 ft). The drilling program will also assist in the evaluation of tie-in options for production to nearby facilities. Antrim has contracted AGR Peak Well Management of Aberdeen and the Transocean Prospect semi-submersible drilling rig for these wells.
Antrim Energy Inc. is an international oil and gas company headquartered in Calgary, Canada. Antrim's exploration and production operations are centered in the United Kingdom and Argentina.
- Enegi Mulls Newfoundland Divestment, Increased Stake in ABT (Aug 29)
- Antrim Energy Considering Selling Stake in Causeway Field (Nov 15)
- Production Resumes at Causeway, Cormorant East Fields (Oct 25)
Company: AGR Group more info
- AGR Signs MOU with SP Offshore for Work Offshore Comoros Islands (May 07)
- BP Norge Awards AGR New Frame Agreement (Jun 10)
- Ghanaian Parliament Ratifies South Deepwater Tano Deal (Jan 27)