KS Energy Acquires Atlantic Oilfield Services for $80 Million
KS Energy Services Limited has entered into a sales and purchase agreement, through Sphinx Frontier Ltd, to acquire Oslo listed Atlantic Oilfield Services ("AOS") and operating contracts and related assets for a consideration of S$121 million (US $80 million). This acquisition will be funded by a combination of internal resources and bank borrowings and will impact the financial performance of KS Energy in FY2007. Sphinx Frontier Ltd, a special purpose company set up solely for the acquisition of AOS, has made offers to all shareholders of AOS. As of the date hereof, Sphinx has received full acceptances of its offer for the entire share issued and paid up share capital of AOS.
- The acquisition of the AOS Group will immediately expand KS Energy's capabilities into specialized services like onshore and offshore drilling, accommodation and support services for the oil and gas ("O&G") industry.
- Geographically, combining the countries where AOS currently operates, KS Energy's network will immediately expand to include the North Sea, Holland, Denmark, Norway, Egypt, Africa, India and an enlarged presence in the Middle East.
- Through AOS, KS Energy will now have access to a yard, workshop, fabrication and maintenance facilities in Dubai.
- AOS presents a valuable investment proposition to the Company in view of the accommodation jack-up rig asset and 3 strategic rig management contracts that are presently vested in the AOS Group. Together, the total value of these assets is in excess of S$103 million (US$ 68 million).
These contracts are comprised of Charter of accommodation jack rig Rotterdam to Maersk for 22 months with remaining contract until 2009. Three rig management contracts Safe Esbjerg contract to Maersk for 12 months with remaining contract until 2008; Rig IR-900 in Kurdistan for 9 months with remaining contract until 2008; Jack up rig Bennevis in Egypt for 22 months with remaining contract until 2009.
- KS will further enhance its management capabilities with the extensive O&G industry expertise of AOS' senior management team, most of whom have been earmarked to continue as managers of the AOS Group post-acquisition. AOS boosts a strong management team. The cumulative oilfield sector experience of its 10 key management professionals amount to more than 225 years.
- The Company will also be able to leverage upon this new investment and explore opportunities that may arise for its existing business.
- The proposed acquisition is synergistic with the Company's business model and is also in line with its growth strategy of investing strategic stakes in related businesses, with a view to enhance shareholders' value with viable investments.
Commenting on the acquisition of AOS, Mr Kris Wiluan – Chairman and CEO said:
"The acquisition of AOS will springboard KS onto a new platform of growth. With AOS we have further expanded our technical and operational capabilities and our geographical reach. Our supply chain is further strengthened. Our management capabilities will also be significantly strengthened with the addition of the strong team from AOS. Our geographic reach will be expanded from Asia and the US to the North Sea, Holland, Denmark, Norway, Egypt, Africa, India and an enlarged presence in the Middle East. In addition to rig refurbishment and distribution, we now have the capability to provide onshore and offshore drilling, accommodation and support services. Through AOS we now own a jack up rig in the North Sea and offshore management contracts. As we continue to expand our muscles and grow from strength to strength, we are moving closer
AOS is a specialized oilfield services company providing on and off shore drilling, accommodation and support services for the oil and gas industry with a well established presence in the Middle East and the North Sea. Headquartered in Dubai, the Company has operations in Amsterdam, Cyprus, Cairo, Esbjerg, Oslo, Africa and India.
The operations of AOS in Dubai are sited on a 30,000 sq m yard comprising a workshop, fabrication and maintenance facilities. The site is in close proximity to the Jebel-Ali port in Dubai. AOS employs a total of more than 300 staff comprising 47 management staff and more than 250 site assigned personnel.
Underlying AOS' competency to successfully execute complex oilfield projects is the experience and knowledge of its strong management team. Having worked with major international oilfield service companies, the AOS management team has had significant exposures in worldwide oilfield operations.
Listed on SGX-SESDAQ on 6 August 1999 and upgraded to the Mainboard on 11 March 2002, KS Energy is an energy services group catering to the oil & gas and petrochemical industries around the world.
In addition to distributing more than 60,000 oil & gas, marine and tubular related products items that encompass more than three hundred global brands, the Group through a series of acquisitions in the last few years enhanced its expertise in the related services of procurement, distribution, engineering and offshore chartering to support its customers.
Over the last two decades, the Group has established very close working relationships with major oil & gas companies in the region. In leveraging its enhanced expertise as a leading one-stop supply and services provider with these long term relationships, KS Energy was able to provide higher value-added services by procuring and supplying upgraded capital assets to CNOOC Group, Maersk, Gulf Drilling International Limited and others under the service contracts it has secured since November 2003.
Headquartered in Singapore, the Group has subsidiaries and representative offices in China, Vietnam, Thailand, Qatar, UAE, USA, Indonesia and Malaysia to support its wide base of global oil & gas customers.
- KS Energy Secures Contract for Jackup (Jun 28)
- MIS Launches Offshore Jackup KS Endeavour (Jan 07)
- KS Energy's 3Q Earnings Rise 7% (Nov 13)
Company: Atlantic Oilfield Services more info
- KS Energy Commences $37MM Rig Supply Contract in the Middle East (Aug 19)
- KS Energy's Subsidiary Snags Drilling Contract for Discoverer-IV (Jul 22)
- Atlantic Aces $13MM LOI to Acquire Discoverer-II (Jun 25)