Petrobras to Pump $70M to Up X Block Output
Brazil's federal energy company Petrobras (NYSE: PBR) this year plans to invest US$70 million to increase light crude output at block X in Peru's Piura department, operations manager Ricardo Martinez said. The aim is to increase production to 14,500b/d from 13,100b/d, government newspaper El Peruano quoted Martinez as saying.
The bulk of investment will go to drill 103 development wells, Martinez said. Petrobras last year pumped US$58 million into block X.
In Peru, Petrobras also operates block 58 in Cusco department, block 110 in Ucayali and blocks 112 and 117 in Loreto. The company also operates blocks 57 and 103 with Spain's Repsol YPF (NYSE: REP) and US oil firm Occidental (NYSE: OXY), respectively.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 10-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Repsol more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)
Company: Occidental Petroleum more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
- Occidental 3Q Profit Beats Forecasts On Rising Oil Prices (Nov 01)
- HOW COOL IS THAT! Young West Texas Plant Manager (Oct 24)