Seadrill Banned from Working for ONGC
Against a contract for Charter Hire of FPSO awarded by Mumbai High Asset, the contractor M/s Discovery India Pvt. Ltd. had brought the FPSO vessel 'Crystal Sea' for deployment in Mumbai High. However, due to various technical reasons, the contractor failed to mobilize the FPSO vessel. The FPSO vessel, anchored at Mumbai port for technical corrective actions, had suddenly left the Indian waters without permission and without complying with the necessary formalities as per the Customs Act.
EPC, in its meeting held on 08.05.07, opined that in view of sudden un-authorized withdrawal of FPSO 'Crystal Sea' by owner of the vessel, action should be taken to ban business dealings with M/s Seadrill (i.e. parent company of M/s Golden Dream Shipping with whom M/s Discovery India Pvt. Ltd. signed MOU for providing FPSO 'Crystal Sea') and its group companies. EPC advised MH Asset to initiate the process of banning of the business dealings with M/s Seadrill and its group companies as per the procedure. EPC also decided that till formalization of banning as per procedure, the tender documents may not be issued to M/s Seadrill and its group companies and the bids, even if submitted by them, may not be considered against ONGC tenders.
While necessary action for banning of Business dealings with Seadrill and its group
companies is being initiated by MH Asset, the above directives may please be
noted for compliance by all concerned of ONGC.
Operates 38 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- Venezuela's PDVSA To Tap Oil Customers To Pay $449MM To ONGC (Nov 15)
- Sources: India ONGC Strikes 'Good' Offshore Oil, Gas Find (Sep 20)
- India To Acquire Seismic Data Of 48,000 Line kms To Boost Oil, Gas Output (Sep 12)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)