RBG Garners Full Asbestos License Status
RBG Limited, the life-of-field integrated services contractor to the international oil, gas and petrochemicals industry, has been granted full Asbestos License status.
Following an audit by the Asbestos Licensing Group of the Health & Safety Executive (HSE), RBG has been awarded the license, which is valid for the next 3 years. Effective from 19 April 2007, this award replaces the one year license previously held by the company.
Roger Esson, RBG's Operations Manager – Asbestos Services, said: "This excellent achievement highlights HSE's confidence in our ability to manage the risks associated with handling asbestos containing materials. It recognizes the dedication and commitment of our staff over the last 12 months, who continued to deliver an excellent service to our clients while also contributing towards our goal of achieving this license."
Due to the challenging legislative requirements in this highly specialized field, personnel involved in asbestos removal projects must have the necessary qualifications and experience to guarantee compliance with the regulations. To assist with people development in this field, and in association with the Asbestos Removal Contractors Association, RBG provides a range of asbestos related training courses for its employees at its dedicated training center in Aberdeen. These courses are also available to client personnel on request.
RBG has an extensive track record in successful delivery of asbestos management projects, both in offshore and onshore environments. Award of the 3 year license is the second time in recent months when RBG's asbestos management capabilities have been recognized. In February 2007, RBG's Asbestos team took the top award in the MCP-01 platform category at the annual Health, Safety and Environmental awards held by Total E&P UK.
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: RBG Limited more info
- RBG Launches iBolt Software (Nov 11)
- RBG Says Hello to New Finance Director (Oct 28)
- RBG Clinches Apache Contract Extension in North Sea (Sep 08)
Company: U.K. Health and Safety Executive (HSE) more info
- OPITO Urges Industry Not to Compromise on Safety amid Low Oil Price (Oct 13)
- Injuries, Spills in UK Offshore Oil Fall - HSE (Jul 19)
- UK Offshore Safety Incidents Hit Record Low (Aug 05)