Granby Begins Seismic Ops over North Sea Blocks
Granby Oil & Gas plc on Monday announced the commencement of seismic operations over four of its UK blocks.
The Company has contracted the seismic vessel "M/V Fugro Meridian" to acquire two high-density 2D surveys over blocks 9/22, 14/14b and 14/9a. A third conventional 2D survey will also be acquired over block 16/11a. Approximately 3,200 line kilometers of 2D seismic data will be acquired in total. The operation is expected to take approximately six to eight weeks.
Granby has a 50% working interest in block 9/22, the other co-venturer being Century Exploration (UK) Limited (also 50%). Granby's current interest in blocks 14/14b & 14/9a is 100%, although this is expected to reduce to 50% following ongoing license assignments. Granby has a 50% interest in block 16/11a, the other co-venturers being subsidiary companies of Gas Plus Italiana S.p.A (50%).
David Grassick, Managing Director of Granby Oil and Gas, said:
"We are very pleased to start these surveys which we anticipate will firm up well locations on several prospects in readiness for potential drilling later in 2007 or 2008."
Richard Moreton, Executive Director of Granby Oil and Gas, said:
"Granby has identified significant potential on the blocks and the surveys have been designed to de-risk the prospects as much as possible prior to selecting well locations.
"The high-density 2D surveys are the first modern datasets to be acquired on these blocks and as such should provide extremely important information to Granby and its co-venturers."
- Granby: Tristan NW Gas Development Successfully Drilled and Tested (Feb 28)
- Granby and Petro-Canada Agree to Cross Assignment in UKCS Quad 13 (Feb 06)
- Granby Completes Drilling in N. Sea, First Gas Delayed (Jan 28)
Company: Century Exploration more info
- Bridge Resources Acquires Interest in UK North Sea Blocks (Dec 19)
- EnCore Snags Operatorship and Interest in UKCS Block (Jan 15)
- EnCore: Drilling Begins at Cirrus (May 29)
Company: Gas Plus Italiana more info
- Mediterranean Mobilizes Rigs for Exploration (Jan 28)
- MOG Awarded Four Italian Exploration Permits (Oct 30)
- Sterling Farms-out Romanian and UK North Sea Acreage (Oct 24)