Talisman Taps Aker Kvaerner for Well Service Work
Talisman Energy Norge AS has awarded Aker Kvaerner a service contract for provision of personnel and equipment for well intervention services on the Norwegian Continental Shelf, including the Gyda, Varg, Yme and Rev fields. The contract is for a firm period of two years, plus 3x one year option periods. The estimated contract value for the initial two years is NOK 60 million.
The scope of work comprises mechanical wireline services, wireline tractor services and cased hole logging services. The work will be undertaken by the Aker Kvaerner subsidiary, Aker Kvaerner Well Service in Stavanger.
"This contract offer the possibility for Aker Kvaerner to continue its good cooperation and working relationship with Talisman. We look forward to work together with one of the most active and fastest growing operators on the Norwegian Continental Shelf in the years to come", says Ole Petter Thomesen, president of Aker Kvaerner Well Service.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Talisman Energy more info
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)