Empyrean: Final Shallow Drilling Program Begins at Project Margarita
Empyrean Energy PLC on Monday reported that the Final Wells shallow drilling program at Project Margarita on the Texas Gulf Coast is now underway with the spudding of Agavero #1 over the weekend.
According to Empyrean, the spudding follows the successful Project Margarita Initial Wells program on the El Viejito, Dos Dedos, and Milagro Prospects. The company will report on the progress of Agavero #1 when significant developments warrant.
The shallow prospects to be drilled in the Final Wells programs are again analogues of historic prolific Frio and Vicksburg sands production in the project area at <2,000 meters depth. The prospects with mean potential target outcomes and final well depths are summarized below.
Prospect Potential Total Mean Reserves Well Depth Agavero 0.7 BCF 1,341 meters Dona Carlota 0.8 BCF 1,524 meters Climaco 1.6 BCF 1,981 meters
As with the successful Initial Wells program, tie in of any commercial discovery made on the prospects will be rapid as the project area is crossed by a number of gas pipelines with access rights and available capacity to tie into. As such the Final Wells program, inclusive of completions and production tie ins on successful wells, is currently expected to run until end of August 2007.
The final phase of the Margarita shallow drilling program is a precursor to commencement of a drilling program on an inventory of more substantial individual deep Cook Mountain Formation and Wilcox Formation, 30 to 200 BCF gas potential, prospects in the Project Margarita area. Conditional on Empyrean exercising its option on completion of the shallow Final Wells program the Deep Wells program could be underway late September quarter 2007.
Participants in the Margarita Project are:
- Empyrean Energy PLC, 44.00%
- Sun Resources NL 20.00%
- Victoria Petroleum NL, 20.00%
- Wandoo Energy LLC, 16.00%
- Norwest Snaps Up Northern Perth Basin Interests (Feb 12)
- Jingemia 12 Development Well Cased, Completed as Oil Producer (Aug 13)
- Vicpet Spies Oil Shows at Snatcher-1 in South Australian Cooper Basin (Jun 26)
Company: Sun Resources more info
- Carnarvon Completes 2D Seismic Onshore Thailand (Aug 31)
- Carnarvon Increases 2D Seismic Coverage Onshore Thailand (Aug 18)
- Jones-Stewart Well to Be Completed as Gas Producer (Oct 21)
Company: Wandoo Petroleum more info
- Empyrean: Gas Zone Drilled in Project Margarita Well (Jun 21)
- Empyrean: Record Rains, Flooding Delay Shallow Drilling at Margarita (Jun 05)
- BassGas JV Welcomes Arbitrator's Decision on Clough Dispute (Jun 04)
Company: Empyrean Energy more info
- Empyrean Expects Further Upside from Sugarloaf AMI Project in 2016 (Dec 31)
- Empyrean Sees Upgrade to Eagle Ford Shale Asset (Jul 08)
- Empyrean Reports Production Decrease at Sugarloaf (May 21)