Perseverance-1 Pays Off for Roc Oil
Roc Oil reports that the Perseverance-1 exploration well located in WA-325-P, offshore Perth Basin, has been drilled to a Total Depth of 1,774 meters and that electric logs are being run.
The well has penetrated the two main objectives, the Dongara Sandstone and the Irwin River Coal Measures. Drilling and preliminary log data indicate that good gas indications are present in sands with moderate reservoir quality over a gross interval of approximately 32 meters below the top of the Dongara Sandstone. The significance of the gas shows will be determined after logging has been completed.
Perseverance-1, the second of a three well exploration drilling program in the region, is scheduled to be followed by Dunsborough-1 in WA-286-P.
Roc Oil is the operator of WA-325-P with a 37.5% stake; Apache Northwest Pty Limited holds 37.5%; ARC holds 20% and Wandoo Petroleum holds the remaining 5%.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Roc Oil more info
- Santos Names Roc Oil CEO Anthony Neilson as CFO to Replace Andrew Seaton (Sep 19)
- SapuraKencana Clinches $72M of Work in Malaysia, India & Cote d'Ivoire (Dec 08)
- Faroe Completes Roc Oil Acquisition (Nov 06)
Company: Arc Energy more info
- Jingemia 12 Development Well Cased, Completed as Oil Producer (Aug 13)
- ARC Energy Trust Announces Cash Distribution Amount for June (May 15)
- Rheochem to Provide Drilling Services Onshore Western Australia (Dec 03)
Company: Wandoo Petroleum more info
- Empyrean: Gas Zone Drilled in Project Margarita Well (Jun 21)
- Empyrean: Record Rains, Flooding Delay Shallow Drilling at Margarita (Jun 05)
- BassGas JV Welcomes Arbitrator's Decision on Clough Dispute (Jun 04)