Anadarko Sells Production Assets in Qatar
Anadarko Petroleum has agreed to divest 100 percent of its interest in Anadarko Qatar Energy Company LLC and Anadarko Resources Company (collectively "Anadarko Qatar"), which together holds a 92.5 percent interest in Blocks 12 and 13 in Qatar, to a subsidiary of Occidental Petroleum Corporation for $350 million. Block 12 includes the Al Rayyan Field, representing all of Anadarko's production operations in Qatar and is operated by Anadarko Qatar.
Current net production from Qatar is approximately 6,000 barrels of oil per day from the Al Rayyan Field. Anadarko will retain its exploration interests in Qatar in Blocks 4 and 11.
The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions and adjustments and the approval of Qatar Petroleum. Anadarko's transaction advisor for this sale is Tristone Capital Inc.
- Oil, Gas Leaders Warn Trump He Risks Harming Their Industry (Mar 16)
- Shale Producers Urge FERC To Deny White Cliffs Oil Pipeline's Fee Request (Feb 23)
- Mozambique Approves Anadarko's $20 Billion Natural Gas Plan (Feb 07)
Company: Occidental Petroleum more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Ex-Occidental Chief in $2.66B Deal for EnerVest Shale (Mar 20)
- What Women Really Want on the Job? Ask Big Oil's Only Female CEO (Feb 23)
- Media: Cleanup Underway After Centurion Pipeline Oil Spill In Oklahoma (Feb 19)