Hydro to Use Transocean Winner on Njord
Norsk Hydro Produksjon AS has received consent from the Petroleum Safety Authority Norway to conduct exploration drilling with the Transocean Winner and to use rig for production drilling.
The consent relates to drilling of exploration well 6407/7-7 S and drilling of production well 6407/7-B-1 Y1H (sidetrack).
The wells are part of production license 107 and are situated on the northwest flank of the Njord field.
The plan is to start drilling around May 20, 2007.
The Transocean Winner is a third generation semisub of GVA-4000 design, built in 1983 at Gotaverken Arendal, in Gothenburg, Sweden. Transocean received an Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) for the facility in August 2006.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)