WellDynamics Norge Scoops Hydro Contract
WellDynamics' Norwegian office, WellDynamics Norge a.s., has been awarded a framework agreement by Norsk Hydro Produksjon a.s. (Hydro) to provide and implement SmartWell intelligent completion technology in three of Hydro's North Sea fields. WellDynamics will also provide associated services under terms of the agreement, which is valued at approximately NOK 540 million over a contract period of up to 7.5 years.
The project, set to begin immediately, is targeted at implementing WellDynamics' intelligent completion systems in Hydro's Grane, Oseberg and Brage fields.
"We are delighted to extend our longstanding relationship with Hydro in this important project," said Phil Longorio, WellDynamics' CEO and president. "We look forward to contributing to Hydro's future success with SmartWell completions designed to improve reservoir control and increase ultimate recovery."
Hydro, a world leader in implementing multilateral well technology, has drilled wells with as many as six branches in the North Sea. The advanced completion solutions contemplated in the new agreement will allow the company to steer the well stream from the individual branches within a single well.
"This is extremely important technology for the Norwegian continental shelf, and for maintaining production levels in the years ahead," says Hydro.
WellDynamics' intelligent completion technology includes solutions for subsurface flow control, zonal isolation, and real-time monitoring and control from surface facilities.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: WellDynamics more info
- WellDynamics Unveils Next Gen SmartWell Interval Control Valve (Sep 24)
- Halliburton Enters Agreement to Acquire 100% of WellDynamics (Jun 11)
- StatoilHydro Awards WellDynamics Norge NOK1 Billion Contract (Feb 18)