MOL, ExxonMobil to Study Unconventional Gas Potential in Hungary
On Wednesday, MOL Hungarian Oil and Gas Plc. signed a Heads of Agreement with ExxonMobil subsidiary Esso Exploration International Limited to undertake a joint technical study of certain basins in Hungary that present significant unconventional hydrocarbon gas resource potential and, depending on the study results, to undertake additional exploration activities.
Unconventional exploration projects usually require substantial financial commitment and often entail significant production risk. Because ExxonMobil possesses extensive experience, appropriate technology and know-how and MOL has an excellent understanding of the petroleum geology and industry operations of Hungary, this cooperation is expected to leverage the strengths of both parties.
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Reports Papua New Guinea Discovery (Jan 16)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
Company: MOL Hungarian Oil & Gas more info
- MOL Group Acquires New Licenses in Hungary (Feb 07)
- MOL Makes Oil, Gas Discoveries in Pakistan (Jul 13)
- MOL Finds Condensate, Gas at Makori East-05 Well in Pakistan's TAL Block (Jul 12)