Subsea 7 Awarded Contracts Worth $340M from Norsk Hydro
Subsea 7 has been awarded two contracts by Norsk Hydro for work in the North Sea with a combined value in excess of US $340 million. The first is an Engineering, Procurement, Installation and Commissioning (EPIC) contract valued at US $280 million for work on the Vega and Vega South fields. The second is an EPIC contract worth approximately US $61 million for the Troll O2 field.
The Vega contract comprises the engineering, fabrication and installation of one 14' and two 12' rigid flowlines, totaling 51 kilometers, from Vega Sor to Vega to the Gjoa platform. The scope also includes the engineering, fabrication and installation of 3 umbilicals and 3 MEG lines, totaling 51km each, and the protection of all flowlines and umbilicals on the seabed. The Vega field is located 45 km north of the Troll field and 60 km east of Gullfaks, in about 380 m depth.
The Troll O2 contract comprises two flexible flowlines and one umbilical, totaling approximately 13 kilometers. The Troll West field is located some 70 kilometers northwest of Bergen city. The water depth is about 320 meters.
The engineering on both projects will start immediately at Subsea 7's office in Stavanger, Norway. Flowlines will be fabricated at Subsea 7's new spoolbase, which is being built at Vigra on the west coast of Norway. The offshore installation work for both projects will be conducted during spring and summer 2009.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Subsea 7 more info
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)