Mendoza Bidding Rules Available May 14
Argentina's Mendoza province governor Julio Cobos is officially due to announce the launch of tenders for 12 hydrocarbons areas in the Cuyana and Neuquen basins the weekend of May 12-13, Gabriela Zanetta, an engineer in the province's deputy mining and hydrocarbons department, told BNamericas.
Cobos on May 9 signed five decrees approving bidding rules for the blocks. The rules will be available on May 14, Zanetta said.
Interested parties can acquire bidding rules through July 20 and the province will open bids on July 23.
The San Rafael, Pampa del Sebo, Zampal Norte, Nacunan and Tordillos Oeste blocks are in the Cuyana basin.
In the Neuquen basin, the province will offer the Rio Diamante, Malargue, Cerro de los Leones, El Coiron, Payun Oeste, Chachahuen and Rio Atuel blocks.
The Nacunan, Tordillos Oeste, Chachahuen and Rio Atuel blocks were tendered last year. The province received a total 18 bids but did not award the concessions.
The province has received calls from many companies interested in the tender, including those that submitted bids in the previous round, Zanetta said, declining to provide names.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 10-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.