Borgny Dolphin Awarded 5-Year Contract
Dolphin Drilling Ltd, a subsidiary of Fred Olsen Energy ASA has entered into a preliminary agreement for the provision of the semisub Borgny Dolphin for a five year contract. Mobilization for this contract is scheduled to commence early 2008 on conclusion of the current contract with Pemex in Mexico.
Estimated contract value for the five year period is approximately US $436 million, inclusive of mobilization fee. An additional bonus of up to 15% of the daily rate is also possible under the contract. The agreement remains subject to final approval by the client.
Operates 45 Offshore Rigs
- Mexico Says Deepwater Oil Tender Doomed By Brazil Competition (Dec 08)
- Sources: Mexico's Pemex Declares Force Majeure On Isthmus Crude Oil (Nov 29)
- Mexico's Pemex Makes Biggest Onshore Oil Find in 15 Years - President (Nov 03)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)