Arc Spuds Drakea Well in Perth Basin
Arc Energy Limited said that operations at the Drakea well, operated by ARC Energy and located in the onshore Perth Basin Production License L1, commenced at 8 p.m. WST on Saturday April 28, using the Century 18 drilling rig.
Following a period of planned rig maintenance the well spudded at 6 a.m. Friday The well is currently preparing to drill out of the 340-millimeter (13 3/8-inch) surface conductor.
Drakea is located approximately 19 kilometers south-southeast of the township of Dongara. The primary target is the Early to Late Permian section.
Drakea is designed to intersect the High Cliff Sandstone near the structural crest of the prospect. The well is being drilled directionally and is prognosed to intersect the top of the High Cliff Sandstone at approximately 2,589 meters measured depth, which is approximately 495 meters north-northeast of the surface location.
Surface coordinates for the Drakea drilling location are as follows:
- Latitude 29 degrees 24' 17.79"S
- Longitude 115 degrees 03' 40.47"E
The well has a planned total depth of approximately 2,839 meters measured depth and is expected to take 16 days to drill and complete.
Participants in L1 and Drakea are:
- ARC Energy Limited (Operator) 50%
- Origin Energy Developments Pty Ltd 50%
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Arc Energy more info
- Jingemia 12 Development Well Cased, Completed as Oil Producer (Aug 13)
- ARC Energy Trust Announces Cash Distribution Amount for June (May 15)
- Rheochem to Provide Drilling Services Onshore Western Australia (Dec 03)