Lundin Spuds Tengis-1 in Indonesia
Lundin Petroleum AB reported Thursday that the drilling of the Tengis-1 exploration well on Blora, Central Java, Indonesia has commenced. The plan is to drill the well to a depth of 2,700 meters.
The Tengis – 1 well is targeting the Oligocene sandstone interval with gross unrisked potential of 50 million barrels of oil equivalent (mmboe). The rig contracted to carry out the drilling is the ApexIndo Rig No. 8 and drilling is expected to take up to 2 month.
Lundin Petroleum is the operator of the Blora PSC holding a 43.3 percent working interest. Partners are Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Company (KUFPEC) (40%) and China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) (16.7%).
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Output At Lundin's Grieg Field Back To Normal After Forties Outage (Dec 27)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
Company: CNOOC more info
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
- CNOOC 3Q Revenue Rises; Only Halfway To 2017 Spending Goal (Oct 25)
- CNOOC Completes Test Runs at Huizhou Refinery in Guangdong - Report (Oct 09)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)