Jurong Shipyard Wins Contract for Construction on Noble Bingo Conversion
Jurong Shipyard, a wholly-owned subsidiary of SembCorp Marine, has signed a contract with Noble Drilling Holding LLC for a second ultra-deepwater dynamic-positioning semi-submersible drilling rig to be constructed and converted from an existing baredeck hull. Noble Drilling Holding LLC is a wholly-owned, indirect subsidiary of Noble Corporation.
The estimated cost of the ultra-deepwater semi-submersible drilling unit is approximately US$550 million, including shipyard cost, owner-furnished equipment, project management cost and general contingencies. To be named the Noble Jim Day, the unit will be constructed, converted and outfitted from Noble's existing baredeck hull Noble Bingo 9000 Rig 4.
The Noble Jim Day will have similar specifications and design as the first semi-submersible rig unit, the Noble Danny Adkins, which was contracted to Jurong Shipyard in December 2006. The unit is designed to drill up to 35,000 feet in depth and for operation in up to 12,000 feet water depth, with accommodation for at least 200 persons.
Fabrication work for the semi-submersible has already commenced, and delivery is projected for the fourth quarter of 2009.
Barring unforeseen circumstances, SembCorp Marine expects a positive contribution to its earnings from the contract. However, this contract is not expected to have any material impact on the net tangible assets and earnings per share of SembCorp Marine for the year ending December 31, 2007.
- Rig Builder Sembcorp Marine 2Q Net Profit Falls 51% (Jul 27)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Brazilian Government Plans to Open Talks with Keppel, Sembcorp Marine (Sep 05)
Company: Noble Corporation more info
Manages 28 Offshore Rigs
- Sembcorp Marine Delivers World's Largest Jackup Noble Lloyd Noble (Jul 18)
- Oil Industry Maintains Country Club Culture During Downturn (May 23)
- Freeport to Pay Noble $540 Million to Not Use 2 Oil Rigs (May 10)
Company: Jurong Shipyard more info
- NADL, Jurong Shipyard Extend Standstill Agreement for West Rigel (Jun 08)
- Maersk Drilling Acquires Newbuild Jackup from Hercules Offshore for $190M (May 27)
- Sembcorp Marine Dismisses EIG's Allegations on Sete Brasil Investment (May 25)