Hess Produces First Gas from Ujung Pangkah
Production sharing contractor Hess succeeded in producing gas from Ujung Pangkah field in East Java last week. For its first output, Ujung Pangkah pumped about 20 - 25 MMSCFD of gas, said Amir Hamzah, head of public relations for the Indonesian upstream regulator BP Migas.
"The gas output is expected to increase gradually to 100 MMSCFD in the near future," Hamzah said.
Aside from producing gas, Ujung Pangkah will also produce oil and condensate at the rate of 5,000 barrels a day this year. "Oil output will reach about 20,000 bpd in 2009, " added Amir.
Hess owns a 75% stake in Ujung Pangkah while the remaining 25% belongs to ConocoPhillips.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
Company: Hess Corporation more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- About 75,000 Bpd Of Gulf Oil Output Still Shut After Shell Fire (Nov 15)
- Hess Shares Fall After Fourth-Quarter Forecast Slashed (Oct 25)
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
Company: BP Migas more info
- Indonesia Greenlights BP's $12.1B LNG Proj. at Tangguh (Nov 02)
- Gas Deliveries from Ruby Field Offshore Indonesia to Start Late September (Sep 07)
- Indonesian Regulator Approves 12 O&G Development Plans (Aug 13)