Northern Names Heard Exploration and Technical Director
Northern Petroleum Plc has appointed Graham Heard Cgeol FGS to its board with immediate effect. Heard will serve as Exploration and Technical Director.
Heard, 56, has been the Exploration Manager of Northern for the last four and a half years and is a former Chairman (1991) of the Petroleum Exploration Society of Great Britain. He has over 30 years experience as a petroleum geologist, beginning his career with Arco and then gaining extensive international experience with independents Siebens Oil and Quintana Petroleum. He subsequently held various executive positions with Sovereign Oil & Gas Plc, Neste Production Limited and Sands Oil & Gas Plc.
Richard Latham, Chairman of Northern commented:
"Northern is now in a very active operational phase as we move to development
of our assets in the Netherlands. The Company is also now well placed
financially to accelerate the development of our very large asset base in
Italy. Graham has played a leading role in creating these opportunities for the
Company and the Board will now be able to take advantage of his wisdom and
expertise during a period of rapid growth ahead. The recently announced
Strategic Alliance with Dyas B.V. added to our existing program of other
exploration and development wells additionally benefits from Graham's appointment as Exploration and Technical Director. I look forward to working with him very much indeed."
- Northern Petroleum Agrees Cascina Alberto Farm-Out with Shell (Mar 05)
- Northern Petroleum's Latest Alberta Well Proves Uneconomic (Feb 10)
- Northern Drills First Wells in Current Program in Alberta (Sep 17)
Company: Sovereign Oil & Gas more info
- Oriental Completes Farm-In of Ebok Field From Mobil and NNPC (Jul 02)
- Northern Names Heard Exploration and Technical Director (May 08)
- Oriental Completes Farm-In of Okwok Field From Mobil and NNPC (Jun 26)