Bennex Completes Ormen Lange Phase II Work on Schedule
Bennex reported Monday that it has completed work on the second main umbilical for the Ormen Lange project. The Bergen, Norway-based company performed the work within the allotted time frame.
Having worked on-site at Nexans in Halden since January 2006, Bennex produced and installed electrical and fiber optic umbilical terminations for FMC Technologies and end user Norsk Hydro. Lay-down of the second 12-mile-long main umbilical will start in May 2007, from Nyhavna out to the Ormen Lange field. The first of the two main umbilicals and a cross over umbilical was terminated and installed during spring 2006.
Through the Ormen Lange project, Bennex has had the opportunity to bolster its international position as a supplier of electrical and fiber optic terminations for deep water.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Nexans more info
- Nexans Awarded Power Umbilical Contract for Jack/St. Malo Fields (Nov 04)
- Nexans Bags Asgard Gig (Nov 02)
- Nexans Completes Offshore Cable Contract for Espirito Santo FPSO (Apr 26)
Company: FMC Technologies more info
- Technip, FMC Technologies Complete Merger (Jan 17)
- FMC, Technip Receive Clearance to Combine from European Commission (Nov 24)
- Restructuring at FMC Technologies to Continue Following Layoffs (Oct 20)
Company: Bennex more info
- Bennex to Deliver Pazflor Subsea Signal Distribution System (Oct 21)
- Bennex Offers New Subsea Corrosion Prevention Technology (Aug 07)
- Subsea Technology Group Enters the Subsea Market (Apr 30)